Friday, April 16, 2010

Don't Just Take My Word For It....


Happy Friday, Everyone!

Some great news about cycling in Oregon just came across the optic fiber highway this morning! Bicycling.com announced the top 50 bike-friendly cities in the U.S. 3 cities in Oregon are in the top 20! They are:
...drum roll, please....
Portland (2), Eugene (5), and Salem (19)!!!
Then they list the best small cities (population under 100,000) and there's Corvallis!
The results were based on things such as dedicated bike lanes and boulevards in town, a bike culture, and savvy bike shops.

I concur.

Bravo!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

We're such a "granola" state! I love living in the NW!

Unknown said...

If you ever come down to check out the riding in Corvallis, you should give me a call! :) We have got some beautiful neighborhoods here, and some fun biking paths.

Unknown said...

Oh, by the way, this is Carrie Ellsworth Fairchild :)

Kelly Carlisle said...

Carrie, thanks for the invitation! Corvallis is definitely on my list of places to discover on two wheels. I'd love to get a guided tour :) Thanks!