Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fall Into Winter

I took this picture at Detroit Lake, not far from the little town on the east side. I wish I could say that I was on a bike ride there, but that would be lying and bloggers never lie. I was just on a walk.

Oregon is so beautiful in late fall, when the weather and landscape seem to be in cahoots together, creating amazing combinations and textures. Even though it was a rainy, sloppy day when I took this picture, I felt like hopping onto the saddle and following a road into those hills and just enjoy the serenity.

I need to get out and ride more than I have been lately. Pedaling indoors is okay for a workout, but it's not the same as riding.

With the right kind of clothing, I've learned that riding in cold and wet conditions is really great.

Especially if there's soup afterwards.



No comments: